Difficult conversations are often uncomfortable, scary, & stressful. That’s why many of us put them off. But, in the work environment, we can’t ignore tough situations or take a detour around the complaints or problems. What we can do is manage these kinds of conversations for the best possible outcome.
With the use of video scenarios, the team at Harmony Crew will introduce a unique new way to handle difficult conversations through effective communications created, with positive and open intentions, thoughts, and language.
Video 1 – Introduction
Video 2 – Difficult Conversations with Customers
Video 3 – Difficult Conversations between Managers and Employees
Video 4 – Difficult Conversations between Peers and Teammates
Topics to be addressed:
- The science behind successful communication
- How the social brain works (remember the acronym SCARF)
- 2 types of difficult conversations - Planned and Spontaneous
- Understanding self and situational awareness
- 4-step structure for handling difficult conversations (Listen, Evoke, Clarify, Resolve)
- Tips & tricks for handling difficult conversations
Presenters: Jenny Young, Beth Young and Kathy Cox